How many of you have been struggling to build your list?
It can be a challenge to build a good size list, let alone a high quality list, with a TARGETED audience!
Think about it for a bit.. If you are trying to reach an audience of people who are interested in social media, be sure you are finding the people interested in Social Media..
And.. Use some of these Tactics to Build your List!
- Make sure your FORM from your Auto Responder is very visible on the site!
- Place your form on the Right Side of your blog, as the eyes Naturally move from Left to Right.
- Place your form at the bottom of your posts and remind your visitors to sign up!
- Offer a great giveaway – we all know this one, but think about what you want to give away. Find a need your audience has and offer them that.
- Offer something worth a lot! The higher in value, the more apt people are to fill out your form!
- When you visit other blogs, comment on the blog and make sure you include your link to your blog.
- If you don’t have a lot of traffic yet, ask a friend or team mate who does, to promote your give away and put your form on their blog! Be sure to return this favor! That way, you both grow your lists!
- Explain the benefits of subscribing, so people know what they are getting!
- Once you have people on your list and you begin sending them letters, send them high quality content and ask them to share your site with others. This will keep your existing members and you may gain more by word of mouth!
- Better yet, encourage your members to use the “forward to a friend” function that many e-mail management services provide.
- Find newsletters you love and ask them to plug your blog or site to their lists in exchange for you plugging their newsletters to your list. This works best when your list isn’t too much smaller than theirs.
- Write articles and submit on article directories! In the Resource Box, be sure to link to your Opt In page!
- Add a small video overview above your Opt In Box to show people what they receive when they Opt Into your List.
- Use a catch phrase in your signature! Like this one: “Grab your FREE 7 Day Video Training teaching you the Exact Steps I took to build my home business using the Internet! http://melissaannmitchell.com“
- Join some targeted forums. To find some in your niche, go to google.com and type in your niche and forums. Join some forums and set up your signature with a link back to your opt in page! Post on forums to gain more traffic and more leads on your list!
- For your giveaway, build your own eCourse to offer, like the one I give away here to my subscribers! 7 Days is optimal and then you can follow up at the end and ask them to share with their friends as well!
- Post on other peoples’ blogs that do get a lot of traffic and be sure to put your link in your blog post!
- Put your HTML code for your Capture Form in your Facebook Profile!
- Run a contest and give away great goodies!